GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) Compliance Policy, for data held by the Aspen Veterinary Practice in Abbey Wood and Sidcup
We hold our EU clients’ and suppliers’ data and the data of individuals who have expressed an interest in our services, are using, or have used Aspen’s veterinary services either at our Abbey Wood or Sidcup surgeries.
We collect this data through our treatment of your pet/s, or if you have subscribed to our email newsletters or promotions.
We endeavour to hold only the data we require to contact our clients, potential clients or suppliers: name, company name & address, company email, main company telephone number and work mobile.
We also hold your pet/s details although the retention of these are not covered by GDPR legislation.
Contact data is stored on our in-house server which is not connected to the internet, professional ISP web and email servers (Heart / SiteGround), our email address books and on a secure server for email marketing purposes with Campaign Monitor.
We are committed to complying with the current data protection laws including GDPR & PECR only processing that data for the purposes made clear below:
- We will NEVER share or sell your data to any 3rd parties
- We do NOT buy, or use lists from 3rd parties, regardless of the opt in consents
- We will do our best to ensure your personal information is accurate and kept up-to-date. Please do contact us if you want to update your details
- We will never disclose your details unless required to do so legitimately by law. For example, a request from the ICO
- We will not send you marketing messages via cold calls, automated calls, texts or fax
- We will contact you regarding current issues regarding your pet’s health or progress following a treatment or procedure
- We might contact you by HTML email, or post with marketing news, offers and updates. We have identified as the most unobtrusive way to contact you. We will never contact you with marketing communications more than once a calendar month and only if:
- we have a pre-existing or personal relationship with you
- we have a financial or contract (eg a bill to be paid)
- that we believe the information is of genuine interest or relevant to maintaining your pet’s health
- If you do not find our marketing communications of use or interest, you can easily choose to unsubscribe from our HTML emails at any time. We will NEVER contact you again using this method (or any other form of marketing communication) and will delete your data from our active email marketing lists. The Unsubscribe link can be found in the header, footer and body areas of our marketing emails.
- If you require access, or wish to update the data stored by Aspen Vets please email [email protected] and we will supply this free of charge, if requested, within one calendar month
- If you wish to delete your record from our marketinglist, simply send an email request to [email protected] Please note that we are required by law to keep medical records for xx years
- The internet isn’t always an inherently safe environment, but we will always work to ensure that all reasonable technical and organisational measures are in place to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful loss, alteration, unauthorised use, disclosure or access
- If there is a breach of the data we hold, which risks your rights or freedoms, we commit to reporting to the ICO and our contacts on the compromised lists within 72 hours of the breach
- We undertake regular data and process audits
Contact regarding your pet:
Due to the Data Protection Act 1989 (updated in 2010) your personal data is highly confidential, therefore, it requires us to only speak to the registered owner on our system, and to no-one else. The Registered Owner MUST give permission if they would like anyone else to speak about their account and/or welfare of their pet. Please ensure, that, if there is more than one person who is taking care of your pet, that their details are on your account, as this can be very frustrating for yourselves and us.
Please make sure that all of your details are correct, so that we may contact you. We are endeavouring to become a paperless, Eco Friendly practice and therefore wish to send out reminders via email / text. Please be aware that if we don’t have the correct details on file, then this could cause issues if we need to contact you in an emergency.
Whilst we make every effort to send out reminders for Annual Vaccinations/Health Checks/Blood tests etc, the responsibility to keep them up to date remains with you.